GALDERMA is one of the Pharmaceutical leaders in Dermatology. GALDERMA provides
dermatology solutions and aesthetic and corrective products internationally. The company
has 33 wholly-owned affiliates and a worldwide network of distributors, 5 000 employees and
an extensive product portfolio available in 80 countries. We are seeking for our R&D Centre
in Sophia-Antipolis - South of France:
GENOMIC & BIOINFORMATIC UNIT MANAGER
Within the Scientific Division, in the Research department we have an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to work in our Molecular Dermatology group at the Sophia-Antipolis site, in France.
Your main missions:
- Ensure strategy and evolution of the methods and technologies employed in genomics and bioinformatics;
- Participate to scientific and medical congresses (internal and external), actively follow-up scientific literature of the area. Build up an experts’ network;
- Coordinate and supervise data analysis from platforms of genomics, proteomics, metabolomics and molecular histology (data & knowledge management/statistical analysis);
- Manage and supervise teams.
Contribute to projects and make recommendations by participating to scientific committees.Contribute to search for solutions and ensure optimal support to ongoing projects.
- Ph.D in Biology or in Bioinformatics;
- Data management mastery at a large scale in an Oracle Environment.
- Experience in analysis of all sorts of “omics” data (ex: Gene array data, RNAseq data, NGS-based mutation analysis [ex. WES], Mass spectrometry data [proteomics, metabolomics], Image analysis).
- Knowledge of main approaches of statistical processing of omics data; knowledge in omics data visualization; knowledge in the connection of bioinformatics tools between themselves and with data processing and storage tools.
- Knowledge of gene expression analysis technologies (ex. qRT-PCR, gene arrays [ex. Affymetrix], RNAseq).
- Knowledge of human genetics main approaches (ex. WES, GWAS).
- Experience in team management;
- Interacts well with multi-disciplinary teams and has excellent communication skills;
- Very highly motivated by experimental science and results-orientated;
- Excellent level English and a working knowledge of French is desirable.
Permanent position. Located in Sophia-Antipolis, France.
Salary to be defined regarding experience & profile
If you are interested in this position, we thank you to send your application,
referenced SA/GENOMIC/062015 by email to: email@example.com
GALDERMA, DRH - Les Templiers - 2400, route des Colles - Sophia Antipolis, 06410 Biot